Wednesday, April 4, 2018

February Musings

February Musings ~ Fallen Snow
Ebony clouds
Bright hearts
Roaring Winds
Ushering in March
All
Ready for
Yes, the dog days of summer





Mrs. Stephenson’s 4th and 5th grade Language Arts students finished a unit on poetry.  
Oh, to have the creative mind of a child! Enjoy these samples from our Poets in training:


What would I be? - by Saydee
What do you want, what do you seek?
A diving board on a silver peak.
What do you long for, what do you crave?
Only treasure in an underwater cave.
What do you have, what do you need?
Only some flippers and an underwater steed.
Where would you go, how long will you be?
1,000 years later under the sea.
Who would go, who would you ask?
Me, my teacher, and my class.
Oh, what would you be, what would you be?
A marine biologist, that would be me.

I Am - by Kiera
I’m made of the ocean, wild as the waves.
I’m made of the cliffs, whose curves shape me.
I’m made of stone, thick as my bones.
I’m made of wildflowers, their petals soft as me.
I’m made of wild horses, free as my spirit.
I’m made of trees, standing strong in the storm.
I’m made of nature, as wild, strong, and free as me.


These Were the Good Old Days - by Nicole
These were the good old days,
Where I was a baby,
While love was going through my heart.
These were the good old days,
Where I was young like my sister,
While love was going through my heart.
These were the good old days,
Where I played with my sister,
While love was going through my heart.
Those were the good old days,
So fun, while love was going through my heart.
Long ago, with love in my heart.


Rainbow - by Uriah
The rainbow comes on like silent peacock feet.
It sits staring over me,
Adorable blue, green face, and feathers,
With gray, blue, green, and purple.


Tornado - by Campton
The tornado comes on big.
Tasmanian devil, it runs
Looking at the tornado valley,
On silent haunches, and then,
Moves on.


History Class - by William
When I was in History,
When my teacher droned on and on,
When my head fell on my desk,
When I yawned,
I thought of Star Wars,
I thought of Legos,
I thought of Star Wars cards,
I thought of Yu-Gi-Oh, and,
Oh My!
The Graceful Fox - by Rylee
I came across you in the chicken coop,
You were a graceful color of red and white,
Your eyes were glittering with a color of blue.
You were graceful and calm,
You growled as you stood there staring at me,
If I were to see you again,
I would say, you were the most graceful fox,
I have ever seen.


White Beauty - by Niyah
White wolf, white wolf,
Come nearer to thee,
I saw you running through the trees.
White wolf, white wolf,
Will you ever leave me,
Your fur, so soft, is softer than silk indeed.
Your fur is not mangled nor tangled,
I lay on my back,
Watching the clouds as the cross the sky.
You sat next to me,
I felt the warm summer breeze.
I looked next to me, but alas,

You are gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment